MEDIA RELEASEPennsylvania Ski Areas to Continue Offering the 4th & 5th Grade Snowpass Program for 2009/10!White Haven, PA – September, 2009
- Pennsylvania Ski Areas Association's Snowpass Program will be open to both 4th and 5th grade students, in and out of state, who ski at Pennsylvania ski areas in 2009-10. Last season, PSAA recorded over 9,000 4th & 5th grade participants in this awesome program, which offers one (1) complimentary Learn to Ski/Snowboard Package as well as three (3) complimentary child's day lift tickets to each of the 22 participating member resorts throughout Pennsylvania.
Association President, Gregg Confer, points out, “It’s the perfect age to accelerate downhill skills. The excitement and enthusiasm among 4th & 5th graders on the mountain is dramatic.” He adds, “It’s the point in life where they can really feel a solid commitment to a sport that will last a lifetime.”
Pennsylvania’s 4th & 5th Grade Snowpass is a fun-filled booklet containing 1 free learn to ski or snowboard package including a beginner lift ticket, rental equipment and lesson voucher. That’s capped off with 3 child day lift tickets to each of the member areas across Pennsylvania. They can be used whenever a 4th or 5th grader is accompanied by a paying adult. That amounts to 67 free days of skiing or boarding this season - a challenge for a pro, much less a 4th or 5th grader. But hey, the fun is in the trying!
The goal of this program is to provide an affordable and effective means to introduce 4th & 5th graders to the sports of skiing and snowboarding, creating life-long participants of winter sliding fun. Also, to remind families that spending time together in the mountains is HEALTHY and FUN...a great alternative to television and video games. Glenn Kirby, a parent of a 4th grade participant states "We think it is a great
program. Without the Snowpass, we wouldn't have gone snowboarding at all this winter. Now we are hooked. We are already looking forward to next year as well as when my 1st grader is a 4th grader."
Getting the booklet is almost as easy as getting on the slopes. You don’t even have to be a Pennsylvania resident to sign up. Just go to the Association web site at www.skipa.com and download the 4th & 5th Grade Snowpass application. Then mail it along with a copy of your 4th or 5th grade report card (you can also submit last year’s final report card), your 2” x 11/2” color photo with name printed on back of photo
and your non-refundable $15 processing fee. The Snowpass will be on its way in days.
Check the web site for further information, blackout dates and paid adult lift restrictions or call the Pennsylvania Ski Areas Association at 570-443-0963 then ski or ride to your heart’s content at any or all of the following resorts. No matter where you live in Pennsylvania or a neighboring state; you’ll be within minutes to two hours from a world of fun on the slopes.Participating Ski Areas to Date are:
- Alpine Mountain; Analomink, PA
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort; Macungie, PA
- Big Boulder; Blakeslee, PA
- Blue Knob Ski Area; Claysburg, PA
- Blue Mountain; Palmerton, PA
- Camelback Ski Area; Tannersville, PA
- Eagle Rock Resort; Hazleton, PA
- Elk Mountain Union; Dale, PA
- Hidden Valley Resort; Hidden Valley, PA
- Jack Frost Mountain; Blakeslee, PA
- Liberty Mountain Resort; Carroll Valley, PA
- Mystic Mountain at Nemacolin; Farmington, PA
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort; Champion, PA
- Shawnee Mountain; Shawnee-on-Del, PA
- Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain; Lackawaxen, PA
- Ski Denton; Coudersport, PA
- Ski Roundtop; Lewisbury, PA
- Ski Sawmill Family Resort; Morris, PA
- Snö Mountain; Scranton, PA
- Tanglwood Ski Area; Tafton, PA
- Tussey Mountain Ski Area; Boalsburg, PA
- Whitetail Resort; Mercersburg, PA
Boot up and join us for a winter of family fun!
The Pennsylvania Ski Areas Association (PSAA), consisting of member ski areas statewide, is a non-profit association that was developed to promote and serve the Pennsylvania Ski Industry.
Contact: LINDA IRVIN, Executive Director
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISTRIBUTE PENNSYLVANIA’S 4TH & 5TH GRADE SNOWPASS PROGRAM BROCHURE/
APPLICATIONS AT YOUR ORGANIZATION, PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS AND QUANTITY.
MEMBER SKI RESORTS
Alpine Mountain, Bear Creek Ski & Rec Area, Big Boulder, Blue Knob Ski Area, Blue Mountain, Camelback Ski Area, Crystal Lake, Ski Center
Eagle Rock Resort, Elk Mountain, Hidden Valley Resort, Jack Frost Mountain, Liberty Mountain Resort, Mystic Mountain at Nemacolin, Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Shawnee Mountain, Ski-Big Bear, Ski Denton, Ski Roundtop, Ski Sawmill, Snö Mountain, Tanglwood Ski Area, Tussey Mountain Ski Area, Whitetail Resort.